On March 12, 2019 I attended the Geneva International Motorshow. I provided photos for print and social media sources like online Porsche blog @911cooled. Large platformed show-floors packed with some of Europe's largest manufacturers' best and brightest models as well some smaller builders from around the world packed tightly in between. I didn't have any expectations, but as an international motor show, I expect to see some American manufacturers strutting their stuff. I found no Ford Focus or Mustangs or GT...no Corvettes, no American muscle. As a first experience, I expected more variety for a show of this size. Nevertheless, their were some pretty cars and top notch work showcased.
- BMW is really into big grills. Those kidneys are huuuge.
- The classic Abarth homage cars where a gem
- Singer Porsche is fantastic up close, Seamus is a pleasure to chat with
- RUF was out there with models, and they even had an underappreciated electric RUF on display
- The Peugeot E-Legend Concept is the first electric car that makes me smile (besides how hard a Tesla pulls obviously) based on it's design and look.
- The Aston Martin Lagonda didn't interest me much, but they had some handsome looking cars otherwise
- BMW and MB where next to each other on the show floor, and they made peace with one another as they work together now to provide charging stations for their electric cars.
- Toyota did not have the new supra on display...it was there in 2018...
- Nissan's latest GTR has sharper corners and more aggressive look that past models. I dig that!